Hospital/Clean Room attenuators are available in different models, specifically engineered for sensitive area applications requiring broad band noise reduction coupled with erosion proof acoustic fill. Performance data is provided for four basic lengths – 3’, 5’, 7’, and 10’. Units are also offered in 4’, 6’, and 8’ lengths.
Model HP-MD is a high pressure drop unit ideally suited for system velocities at or near 1,000 fpm.
Model SP-MD also provides excellent attenuation values along with a standard pressure drop at somewhat higher air velocities.
Model LP-MD offers the lowest pressure drop for higher velocity systems.
Special features of our Low Frequency Attenuators are:
- Diffusion angle to improve pressure drop
- Bellmouth entrance to help minimize turbulence
- Acoustic fill encapsulated in polyethylene to eliminate erosion and absorption of gases
- Acoustic stand-off between the perforated baffle and the acoustic fill to enhance performance
- Seams are mastic filled to insure airtight units to 8” w.g.
- Also available in stainless steel or aluminum construction.
ASTM E-84 ratings for the acoustical fill are:
- Flame spread 15
- Smoke Developed 0
- Fuel Contribution 0
Performance Data / Testing:
Acoustical performance ratings are based on tests conducted by Intertek Testing Services, formerly ETL Testing Laboratories, Inc.,
in accordance with ASTM E477 “Standard Method of Testing Duct Liner Materials and Prefabricated Silencers for Acoustical and Airflow
Performance.” Copies of the test reports are available upon request.