Packless attenuators contain no absorptive fill or media of any kind. Units are available in two models for traditional applications requiring broad band noise reduction. Performance data is provided for three basic lengths – 3’, 6’, and 9’. Contact Prime AC for other silencer lengths.
Model NFS is a standard pressure drop unit ideally suited for low velocity systems.
Model NFL offers the lowest pressure drop for higher velocity systems.
Special features of our Standard Attenuators are:
- No acoustic fill, scrim cloth, or other media
- Bellmouth entrance to help minimize turbulence
- Tuned perforated resonant chambers to achieve broad-band attenuation
- Seams are mastic filled to insure airtight units to 8” w.g.
- Also available in stainless steel or aluminum construction.
Performance Data / Testing:
Acoustical performance ratings are based on tests conducted by Intertek Testing Services, formerly ETL Testing Laboratories, Inc., in accordance with ASTM E477 “Standard Method of Testing Duct Liner Materials and Prefabricated Silencers for Acoustical and Airflow Performance.
” Copies of the test reports are available upon request”.