AEROVAC sound attenuator are manufactured in many varieties, module sizes and materials, including no-fill models and models that eliminate acoustical fill entrainment into the air stream. Our industrial silencers are engineered for HVAC noise control in commercial industrial and institutional applications, including hospital and clean room systems.
Standard attenuators are available in different models for traditional applications requiring broad band noise reduction. Performance data is provided for four basic lengths – 3’, 5’, 7’, and 10’. Units are also offered in 4’, 6’, and 8’ lengths.
Model HP is high pressure drop unit ideally used for system velocity at or near 700 fpm
Model SP is a standard pressure drop unit ideally suited for system velocities at or near 1,000 fpm.
Model MP also provides excellent attenuation values along with a moderate pressure drop at somewhat higher air velocities.
Model LP offers the lowest pressure drop for higher velocity systems.
Special features of our Standard Attenuators are:
- Diffusion angle to improve pressure drop
- Bellmouth entrance to help minimize turbulence
- 22 gauge minimum galvanized steel casings
- 24 gauge minimum perforated galvanized baffles
- Long strand Fiberglass acoustical fill
- Seams are mastic filled to insure airtight units to 8” w.g.
- Optional polyethylene, Mylar or fiberglass cloth liners
- Also Available in S.S. & Aluminium.
ASTM E-84 ratings for the acoustical fill are:
- Flame spread 15
- Smoke Developed 0
- Fuel Contributed 0
Performance Data / Testing
Acoustical performance ratings are based on tests conducted by Intertek Testing Services, formerly ETL Testing Laboratories, Inc., in accordance with ASTM E477 “Standard Method of Testing Duct Liner Materials and Prefabricated Silencers for Acoustical and Airflow Performance.” Copies of the test reports are available upon request.